Learn a step-by-step method for turning Nature’s strategies into innovative and sustainable design solutions.
If you take this course, you will be able to:
- Describe what biomimicry is and how it relates to other forms of bio-inspired design
- Use the Biomimicry for Design methodology (the Biomimicry Design Spiral) for technical and non- technical design challenges
- Articulate why biomimicry is valuable for your organization
- Integrate biomimicry into your design process or innovation pathway
Content and Overview
The first part of the course is an overview of the what, why, and how of biomimicry and the Biomimicry Design Spiral.
The core of the course shows you how to use the 6 steps of Biomimicry Design Spiral: Identify, Translate, Discover, Abstract, Emulate, and Evaluate. Here you will learn how to apply biomimicry to real design challenges. You can work on your own challenge, or just follow along with the examples provided. For each step in the spiral, you will:
- Learn how to execute the step
- See how the step is used in an example
- Receive tips I’ve picked up from years of working in the field
- Discover the unique benefits of using each step individually, so you can generate value from biomimicry even outside the spiral design process
You’re also given two additional examples to give you a good sense of how the Biomimicry Design Spiral can be used for both technical and non-technical applications.
The last section of the course covers where biomimicry fits in a design process or ‘innovation pathway’. We close the course with a practical look at how and where you can best bring the concepts and benefits of biomimicry into your organization.
GBCI approved for 4 CE
GBCI course number: 0920007277
ASID accepts GBCI as a Non-IDCEC Approved CEU, therefore, 4 GBCI CEs can amount to
IDCEC 4 credit hours (or 0.4 CEU)
ILFI approved for 4 LFA credit hours (Living Future Accreditation)
Contact Denise for course package options that include personalized feedback, team discounts, and live project-based collaborative design sessions!
Comments are closed.